Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Andftp android app review

Andftp is a ftp app used to transfer files from a remote computer to your android device. I find this useful especially when you have a torrent client set up on the same computer. Then you can start a new torrent from the android then download it from the computer once it completes.

Continuing on to the review of the app. Its pretty easy to use once you get it set up. When you start it up you have a box to select which ftp server to connect to. Then once you connect you select what you want to download mark it, then flip to the device view, and select the location to download it to. You can set in the options the default folders for the server and local location. Then when you start the download it brings up a status bar that keeps you from continuing to browse untill its done.

There seem to be a few peoblems I can see resume support doesn't always work. I seem to also have problems downloading files with long folder names. Otherwise I would highly suggest it.

13 comments:

Thecrazymoose said...

This looks like a cool app, I will have to check this out sometime. Thanks for the good review!

menshans said...

I will test this for myself, thanks for posting!

mens said...

Might be useful,
thanks for sharing this man!

ChickenBittle said...

Good review, followed.

cjk98 said...

Curses, I only have a stupid Nokia. I guess I'll have to make due with 'widgets'.

Bob Ross Afro Blog said...

Looks pretty sweet.

Anthony said...

I definitely have to check this out! I've been looking for a fast, wireless way to move crap from my phone to my computer and vice versa

Morph1n3 said...

Looking good man. Keep up the with the hard work.

Makel said...

Really wish I had an android.

Terminally Ill said...

SIQ POST BRO!!!

KidBotanical said...

will recommend this to friends with androids, i think theres a similar app for the iphone too.
+followed

willyt3hwhale said...

THANK YOU! Been looking for this one for ages!

j. littlejohn said...

they need to make app names easier to rememeber